Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

WEATHER REPORT. Who would have ever thought that Montana weather would be preferable to Morocco in October?! It is 50 degrees in my apartment this morning, and another cloudy day with very muddy roads from the unusual and heavy rains we continue to receive. There have been at least 30 people who have died in Morocco this month due to flooding. Their infrastructure is just not made to accomodate the rains, and there has been a devasting amount of physical damage to buildings, as well, primarily in northern Morocco.

Four weeks from today I will be flying home! I was advised yesterday who my replacement is, and will go to Kech Saturday to meet her, stay overnight, and then show her the ropes on how to get from the cheap P. C. (Peace Corps, not politically correct...although in our case I guess is one and the same regarding hotels?!) hotel to my place. It will likely be a busy and therefore good week!

Two of the new door handles/locks that were recently installed are not working now; not sure if it is the fault of the carpenter who installed or the devices themselves. Getting that problem corrected will likely take a month. Still trying to get the guy to paint the other side of the sign that shows where to turn off to the boutique. BUT! my tutor got the French teacher to look at the brochure, and he had to nearly rewrite it to make it totally correct, so that is good; I'll be able to print some next week. That will be so helpful to the tourists and should help increase sales.










I photographed some of the items that one of our members makes at home. If anyone is interested, let me know; can send more photos, and I'd certainly bring some back with me. Napkin holders are in a variety of colors; lots of bracelets, necklaces, but no earrings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home