Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

GETTING SORTED

My closet/bureau handiwork
A term that is used often here is "sorted".  It can mean actually
sorting things out, organizing, or fixing, figuring out, and several other meanings.  So I have spent the last couple of days getting sorted.  Figured out which bus to take to the office on Monday.  Up to this point Tshidi has been picking me up and taking me home every day, which is out of her way, but she has been very gracious about it.  Then we went to a mall to the store Game and got numerous household articles...toaster oven with two hot plates on top, a microwave, coffee pot, etc.  Kai (my landlady) bought a small frig so it is loaded with veggies and fruit, chicken and hake.  About have my apartment set up...a few more items and I'll be there.  Today's major accomplishment was constructing the wardrobe that has a rod for hanging plus shelves and drawers.  One of the deals that has a zillion pieces.... but I was patient and worked on it a little at a time...then read on my Kindle, then went back at it, talking myself through it to successful completion.


Last night Julie Hill, a former PCV in Morocco and two of her friends picked me up and we went a few blocs in this neighborhood to a great Thai restaurant to eat.  I had duck stir fry and for the first time ever, ate the entire meal with (metal) chopsticks.  These young people just blow me away.  Julia has worked in Geneva, Ghana, and now with Doctors Without Borders.  They are true adventurers, fearless, smart and service minded.  It was a delight to spend the evening with them.  Sorry to not have a picture to post; we'll get together in a month or so when she returns from seeing her boyfriend in China (he teaches English there) and I'll get a photo then.

Will also take a picture of Kai and her daughter in front of the house.  We had a brownout for over 4 hours the other night and it's thundering now so better sign off.  I'm sitting in the yard under her office so I can get the wifi connection.  I'm going to get a booster so I have it in my house, as I may work from home form time to time.

I'm starting to get a bit lonely so anyone who is reading, please do send me an email from time to time.  It will be greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home