Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

MY ROOM AND ROOMMATES

My spacious room.  When I arrived there was the cot and desk; they brought in the wardrobe and fridge.  The buckets are PCV Gilbert's water filtering system he let me keep here; you simply pour water in the top (from the taps here...when there is water...) and there is a purifying filter it goes through to the bottom bucket.  City water, such as in Joburg and the other larger places, is safe to drink, and some PCVs drink village water without consequences, such as I did in Morocco, I imagine.  Below are a few of the variety of things found in my room from day to day.  The big bug I saw only once, and was large, but not as big as it seems in the zoomed photo.
The ants come marching two by two...
A pretty large moth
What is it?  Beats me!
Wish this little guy would have stayed in my room!


Speaking of creatures, I have seen very few stray dogs.  In my upscale neighborhood where I live, people walk their dogs but I don't see many others, and have only seen a couple of cats in the city...none here in the village.  My friend Jonelle who lives in KwaZuluNatal province tells me she sees giraffes and zebras as she goes around to the various high schools she works with...Here I see goats, chickens, and donkeys on the way to my workplace.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home