Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, February 09, 2014

CHURCH AND ZOO LAKE

I am finding the nearby Methodist church to be a good fit for the most part.  It's just a 20 minute walk so that in itself is a big plus.  Went to a workshop yesterday led by a man from the training center at the University of Pretoria about "Healing the City" .  About 30 people attended, half white and half black.  Great, thought-provoking discussions.


Church breakfast with minister on the right at table in foreground
















Today was a breakfast and an opportunity to learn more about the various activities the church is involved in...and because of a comment yesterday about "We feed the poor soup, but would be welcome them to worship?:...there were two homeless people at the breakfast; one at our table who ate like it was his first meal in days.

Afterwards Vicky and I went to Zoo Lake that is nearby, walked around and looked at the wonderful restaurant there, with plans to return another time for breakfast.
Zoo Lake with a bird island
Lake fountain
Wedding photos


Fountain at restaurant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home