Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, February 08, 2014

UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE

I am finally getting accustomed to walking on the "wrong" side of the road to walk facing the traffic, as well as going up/down escalators on the correct side.  And, I finally decided to put my confusion and fear behind me, and google-map the route to the Rosebank Mall that I frequent for groceries and other needs.  I discovered it is only a 30-35 minute walk one way (it is uphill going there from my cottage which makes it nice since I have the weight of my purchases coming back downhill) and I feel safe on the route.  Kai and I walked to the main area of Parkhurst yesterday afternoon and found a yoga/massage place as well as a Kung-Fu/Tai Chi studio that also has "exercise" class on Weds. and Sa.t mornings so I will try the Sat. morn class when I return from my trip to the country.

Kai, my landlady.  She wears both Western clothing and native

Today Kai had a pool party for her Camp kids and here is a photo of them listening as she acknowledges their accomplishments.  They had a great, noisy time for all afternoon and evening.  She is a happy, good person, and I'm lucky to have her for a landlady.
Kai talking to the kids before their lunch at the pool party.  This is right in front of my cottage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home