Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MORNING VIEWS

Nice pastoral setting of cattle along the road.  Hoped that none of them decided they didn't like the old woman walker, as their horns could do some serious damage!


I go through this area to get to my quarters.  The module units are a day care center,  social development office, a library (a 7-year old Time magazine, anyone?  But!  I did find a Sidney Sheldon book to read in the evenings here...) a kitchen of sorts, bathrooms of sorts.




Some of the early birds at day care...there about 3 times this many by 9:00 a.m. The woman on the left speaks good English, as do several of the adults and most high schoolers.  They are friendly, but unlike Morocco, no one has asked me to their home for a meal or tea, which has been a bit disappointing.



Just some pretty wildflowers of which there are many like this along the roadside this summer.

Am going to post this while the posting is good; that is, while I have some  internet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

Hi Connie! What an amazing experience once again. I hope remain safe and keep on changing lives. Take care, Russ (from ASTD).

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home