Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WATER

One nice thing about traveling in South Africa is that you can drink the tap water in the larger towns/cities.  The only time I felt compelled to drink bottled was in a village, and then I was staying with other PCVs who had the bucket filter system.  Interestingly, however, there are no public water fountains anywhere...not even in the modern airport or places like that you'd think there would be some.

Also, around the world one can usually find a plethora of McDonalds.  Here you can spot one every so often, but KFC is the biggie. Can't say that I've patronized either one at this point.

Am slogging away at the draft of the manual, and also starting to get serious about researching places to go/see when my friends come in October for a visit for two weeks.  I'm getting quite a bit of great info from other PCVs who have already traveled; they are great resources!

Here's some photo of birds in my yard, for my bird-loving friends.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home