Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

SOCIAL

I had a nice time with Vicky, who arrived Friday.  She is now working about 14+ hours a day and has 11 days work and 3 days off.  We went out to dinner then to "Fruitvale Station," a very good film.

Saturday we drove two hours to Bela-Bela, a hot springs place (old name of Warmbad) where they had an outdoor pool with lots of water things for all ages, including slides and tubes, as well as a little zip-line adjacent.  There also was an indoor option with an additional very hot pool area primarily used by older people, but it was a beautiful day so chose the outside. I sure couldn't help but think what fun it would be for all my grandkids to be there and enjoy it with me. The photo of me alone was when we first arrived; an hour later there were lots of young people having a great time.

She took me out for an early birthday dinner when we got back.  We both slept like a log, which was good since it was 55 in the house (and no thermostat to turn up) when we got up...so winter is slowly but surely arriving. She will plan to come to Joburg every two weeks until she's done with the project, so we have some other out-of-town trips planned.  I really appreciate her company and the opportunity to get around in private car.

Went to church then did a bit of shopping before she left.  Across the street from me is a veteran's hall that is used occasionally by a theater organization, and tonight an acoustical guitar player by the name of Steve Newman performed, and was very excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home