Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

ZOO TROT - OR NOT

Caught a tuk-tuk early this morning to go to the Zoo for their monthly "Zoo Trot" event...one can either do a 5 K or 10K.  It was my intent to do the 10K, then walk the 6K back home, but I took my camera this time and since I was walking in areas I had not seen on my previous trip, decided to look at the animals and birds, so I just walked around for two hours.  It was a nice event, with many families just strolling,  as well as serious runners.

The two things I wanted to photograph were the scarlet ibis and crocodiles, as I had seen lots of both a month ago.  However, couldn't find those birds and there were only a few crocs hanging out, but here's some of the things I saw, including the gorgeous lion above that was so nice to just lie there and pose for us.






I then walked to the nearby Moyo restaurant where they have a wonderful Sunday breakfast buffet; I had been there once before with Vicky.  The bathroom sinks and mirror frame are unusual enough to warrant sharing the images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home