Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, March 07, 2015

MI CASA



This is my home for the next week and a half in Antigua.  I'm beginning to see a pattern with homes in large cities...very secured entrance.  I believe her son, wife and little boy live adjacent, so each family must have two vehicles.  Takes some planning on who's going out when!  My room is upstairs, along with two others, who are currently occupied by two guys in language schools..met one but not the other.  A young mother and her two boys are on the main floor.  The couple who run this home are very friendly, speak good English, and very helpful with our in-house Spanish learning.  The first mornings breakfast was cantelope, watermelon, and pineapple, all very delicious, and rolls with pureed beans. Spaghetti for lunch with an onion/tomato sauce (no meat) and supper was light with more rolls, fried plantains, rice and more beans.  Lots of carbs and no veggies.  No meals provided on Sundays.  

Rather spartan room but adequate, now that I have an extra blanket as I nearly froze to death the first night.  Shower has a little bit of hot water available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home