Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, November 09, 2014

REWARDING WEEKEND

I was invited to attend a graduation ceremony on Saturday for the 35 completers of the six-month Saturday class held by D-Vine Solutions, at which I instructed for three Saturdays.  It was a grand affair, with lots of certificate-awarding and speeches and food.  I had an opportunity to tell the audience briefly about the Peace Corps and Operation HOPE.  Also was presented with a huge fruit basket in appreciation.

Then on Sunday, I received a surprise recognition at church for my volunteer service here, and was presented with a white candle with my name on it.  Very touching.  I will take the candle home to use as a Peace Candle one Sunday in my home church in Billings.

Rev. Vusi expressing appreciation

Blessings and Prayers for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home