Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL PILOT

Stop Hunger is a local NGO that provides food to needy, including day care centers.  Tshidi has been doing some financial literacy sessions for many of the owners/teachers in a township, and they asked for a training on NGO Management Basics, the other program I designed but not yet tried.

There were 12 women participating, and after they warmed up to me and the content, we had a pretty lively session, ending with their desire to have us return to do more in-depth training on some of the areas we skimmed over and/or didn't have time to cover.  Always leave them wanting more, right?  It was rewarding and I hope to be able to go back in November.

Otherwise, it's been pretty "quiet" (aka boring) both at work and play.  In the evenings and weekends, I watch lots of movies/TV programs stored on my computer, read on my Kindle.  I think my social life/friendships is pretty much with the characters in my stories!  Am seeing some good movies at the theaters for about $4 and don't mind going by myself.  Knowing I'm getting to be a short-timer helps curb my loneliness.

I tend to walk 8-11 hours a week, which is a good thing.  The yoga studio where I went to classes (on a great Groupon deal)  was supposed to have moved and hence closed for a period of time, but sadly, she never re-opened.  I rather enjoyed it and felt it was beneficial to my aging body.  I do have some yoga videos so need to get motivated to do it at home on my own.  My eating during the week is pretty minimalistic and healthy, then I indulge in treats on weekends, same as in U. S. Gotta have some sort of pleasures/rewards here besides good workshops!

Enough mundane stuff for today!  We have a big training on Saturday for a NGO for about 36 young adults.  Will report on that next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home