Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

TO BEE OR NOT

As I have not a lot to do at work, I offered to help Kai, my landlady who has contracted with the Department of Ed to help run the Spelling Bees, for a few days.  Here is a photo the three top finishers (out of 39 sixth-grade competitors), along with a couple of officials, and Kai at the podium.  As always, it was fun to see the wide variety of physical sizes of this age group.  It was very exciting when it got down to the elimination round. The short little black girl was the winner.

It was very cool that she introduced me as a Peace Corps Volunteer from America who was also a volunteer with Operation HOPE.  Nice when both of those orgs get publicity for what they do.  This is the first ever for South Africa, so there were some glitches but it ran pretty smoothly. Next is the Nationals in October but I'll be on holiday with my American friends at that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home