Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

OFF TO LIMPOPO PROVINCE FOR PC TRAINING

Although this blog serves as a journal for me to read and relish in my old age  :)  I understand today's readers like more pictures, so stay tuned!

I will be going to Limpopo province today for an in-service training session for newer PCVs.  My counterpart Tshidi had a conflicting engagement in Durban, so I will take the train to a station near the Backpackers where I first stayed, then a PC driver will take several of us to the training site.

Various NGOs present (6 times in one day) to the PCVs and their counterparts, to let them know about our organizations so they might choose one to do as a side project.   I will tell them about Operation HOPE and the new adult curriculum (draft version) I have just finished.

Coming back on Saturday, then on Sunday there is a big (50,000?!) walk for charities.  I'm on a team via Tshidi and her friends, to do the 20K.

More later!  Am excited to go to a PC event, into the countryside, and do a big walk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home