Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

TRAINING COMING UP!

I met this morning with the church secretary at my church to discuss the possibility of conducting the adult financial education workshops there on two consecutive Saturdays, so we've set August 16 and 23 from 11:30-4:30 as the dates/times, and will use a small room that will accommodate maximum 20 people conference style.  I am excited!  We have lots of time now to market and get the attendance and pilot the curriculum.

After the visit, I also discovered a new piece of information about my church.  Every M-W-F from 8:30-11:30 they allow homeless people (mostly all men...about 50) to come and use the shower to clean themselves and their clothes...and also give them buttered bread and tea. On Friday noons they also receive a nutritious lunch.  She told me that in the winter the electricity bill gets very high as they use the shower time to just get warm, since it gets near freezing at night as they sleep in parks or wherever.

My friend Vicky left a very generous donation for the church, which I delivered for her today.  She will be pleased to know she is supporting their outreach activities, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home