Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

#71

I had a marvelous birthday day!  My colleague at Operation HOPE picked me up for breakfast, bringing a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.  There is an intern, a college student from Notre Dame, with us for two months, so he was along as well.  Went to the office and she handed me a box of cupcakes from a favorite bakery.

Mid-afternoon I met a woman from my Saturday morning meeting, we drove to a tea garden and had tea and conversation with another, then attended a small discussion group meeting, followed by dinner at a great restaurant with five of us there, where I received a lovely gift basket.
It was overwhelming to be remembered in such a way from these new friends. Certainly took the loneliness away...plus lots of greetings on Facebook and emails, and some cards in the snail mail as well!  I am truly blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home