Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

IT'S BEEN A QUIET WEEK...

in my little corner of the world.  At work, I am making good progress on the NGO Management Basics workshop and getting ideas of who we could partner with to present to those that would benefit.

I went to Pretoria during the week for a meeting, and had a chance to visit with the interim (4 days) country director, who is the acting country director in Swaziland.  A very impressive man.  Our new CD will be arriving in about 3 weeks but there needs to be at least one American management person on the post at all times, so he came to fill in briefly. I also had a chance to lunch and visit with my friend Jonelle who I met the first week here.  Sure wished we lived closer so we could see each other more often.  It's lonely in this big city.

Sad news...my friend Vicky is leaving a month earlier than expected due to an accident at the refinery.  She is okay and will be flying out tomorrow.  I am sad to see her go; it was fun to have her visit and travel with a bit.

Exciting news!  I will be leading a Habitat for Humanity Global Village build in Guatemala March 21-29, 2015. I will be able to interview the needed 12-16 team members by Skype on evenings/weekends.  I am tentatively planning to go two weeks early to do a Spanish immersion course, and to hike a volcano.  

For now, I am putting together a travel schedule and plans for 9 friends who are coming in October for two weeks.  Good thing I have internet in my house!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home