Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, July 14, 2014

DURBAN SIGHTS

I went to Durban for the weekend to thaw out, and to spend time walking the beach and doing lots of reading.  I got a cheap airfare and stayed at a backpackers.  On Saturday I did a walking tour of the city.  A comment the guide made about religions:  Apartheid strengthened the bond/relationships among the various religions, as many Jews, Muslims, Catholics, and others worked together against it.

Here are some of the sights from my little trip:

This mosque was once the largest in the southern hemisphere



A Roman Catholic church near the mosque




















Medicinal herbs, one stall of many in Victoria Market

Home-made clothing, cotton dresses/aprons




A wedding shop in Victoria Market
A large barge ship nearing the waterfront











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home