Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, September 01, 2014

STROLLIN'

Although I make it a point to walk about an hour a day, it became very clear to me yesterday that my walking was not what it was back home...that is, it's been more like a stroll here!  I did a 10K with a friend, and with her encouragement to go my own speed, walked faster. I met my goal of doing it in 90 minutes, but discovered that now the 15-minute mile is quite  hard work, which it hadn't been so much a year ago. And, I am sore today, primarily in my hips.  So I guess competitive walking is likely no longer in my future.  What's the point if it makes my hurt?  However, there were a lot of older walkers ahead of me, so not sure I'm ready to give  up the ghost yet...(who?  me?  competitive?!)   I'll be posting the official results of the walk when they get them online to see just what the outcome was.

Otherwise, at work I have made the revisions to the adult curriculum except for the case study, which I'll complete this week.  Am trying to set up a week in Limpopo (where I did research) with PCV Gilbert to do the program at the adult learning center there with him either this month or in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home