Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

PEACE CORPS VOLUNTEERS IN-SERVICE TRAINING

       











I had the opportunity to once again travel with PC staff to a facility near Polokwane in the Limpopo province, this time to present to 28 volunteers and their counterparts about my NGO, in order for them to decide if they would like to use our program as a side project at their site.  I did five 90-minute presentations.  It was very fun and fulfilling.






View from my room at daybreak.





I so enjoyed seeing Gilbert again, with whom I spent about two weeks when I was doing research, and to meet many great new Volunteers and other NGO people


Also had the opportunity to observe monkeys close up and personal.  They hover around the lodge, and very bravely hop on to outside tables and take food from diner's plates!  Here's one chomping on an apple, with a rusk (kind of like biscotti) in the other hand.  Entertaining!
younger one hanging around


Six of them monkeying around in a tree near the main meeting room...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home