Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, August 18, 2014

SMALL BUT MIGHTY

After distributing about 100 flyers here and there as well as talking to a lot of people, we ended up with only two people attending the first session of the "Managing My Money" class held at my church last Saturday. The primary purpose was to pilot the program...to go through all the modules and revise as needed, and it was very beneficial for that reason.  The two women attending were very engaged and interacted well.  The second (and last session) will be this next Saturday.  Approval of my draft from the U. S. office of my NGO has been extremely slow in coming.  There are PCVs who are eager to start using it in their communities, so we likely will provide the materials to them as reviewed/revised from these two sessions.

Next is to get a pilot set up for the NGO management basics course I wrote.  Hopefully that will occur in September.  Not sure what work I'll be doing after that.

It was getting quite nice and warm, even in my house,, but then came much needed rain and it cooled off quite a bit, but spring is here!  With it, my first cold/illness since I've been here. I will make use of the cold meds I brought with me (not knowing I would be living in  place where they have most nearly everything!) At least I don't need to worry about having a lot of things to do if this cold gets me down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home