Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Friday, September 12, 2014

EIGHT YEARS AGO

On 9/11/2006, I was headed to Morocco for 27 months with the Peace Corps. The plane was fairly empty, and it was a strange feeling to be going to a Muslim country on that day.

As part of that experience, I was involved in training new PCVs and made several trips to Ouarzazate (near the Sahara)...a 90 mile drive (from my village) that took 3 hours in a passenger car...longer by public transportation.  There was a recent article about this road that showed up on FB yesterday.  Here tis:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home