Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

ONE MORE WEEK

Just one more week and I'll be on the plane headed for home!

On Friday, I met with a young woman from Botswana who has recently returned from a four-month visit to the U. S., primarily to attend the Young African Leadership Initiative, then to intern in New York.  She's a financial planner, and very interested in the curriculum I created, and now very excited to go back to her country and establish a collaberative effort for more financial education there.  Her energy and enthusiasm was very fun.

I've had more social activity in this past week than I've had for the past several months.   A woman who was also a presenter at the Saturday morning classes invited a husband and wife team who were involved and me to her home for dinner.  Very enjoyable; I laughed more than I have for a long time. Today I went to an AA meeting then breakfast with the woman who organized my birthday dinner last May.  Later my counterpart Tshidi picked me up and took me to dinner at her new home.

I'll go into the office one last time on Monday, to Pretoria for med exam Tuesday, and back home to divest myself of my belongings on Wednesday as well as a farewell lunch with my NGO.  Thursday back to Pretoria I go for two nights for final processing out of the Peace Corps.  As eager as I am to get back to the U. S., I must admit that it's going to be a bit emotional, considering all the varied experiences I've had the past ten months.

So glad I made this choice.  Looking forward to whatever is next.  At this moment, all I have on my mind is family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home