Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, November 20, 2006



...APES! all over the place! Had a great hike yesterday to the cedar grove with three other volunteers. We spent about 4 1/2 hours and probably walked about 12 miles. We walked one way through a forest, where we encountered a family (dad, mom and baby monkey) and ended up at the tourist spot on the highway where there were many monkeys, and many tourists stopping to feed them and take pictures.

Tour books mention that Azrou is best known for the Barbary Apes, but I'm informed that they are really monkeys. We returned back downhill all the way via the highway. A great morning!

3 Comments:

Blogger caroleb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:58 AM  
Blogger caroleb said...

Hello, Connie, Finally found your terrific blog. The pics add much and the color of the background looks like Morocco.
Just saw the movie, Babel, one third of which is set in a barren stretch of Morocco with a goatherd family. Interesting, tense film by makers of Crash, the same kind of film. These Moroccan hill people touched our hearts.
I plan to read much of your blog over the weekend. The extensive coverage is appreciaed. If there is a specific way Mayflower could help on your project, let me know. I think I could raise $200 perhaps.
Excited to be along on your journey. Carole Baumann

9:06 AM  
Blogger Connie Genger said...

hi carole

thanks for writing. please get my email from june and drop a note there; i qm sure i can use some funds later on when i know for sure what i am doing.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home