Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a great day! First, I am wishing I could be giving Marci my daughter in Chicago a big hug for her 39th birthday, but I know she knows she is much in my thoughts and heart.

Today we celebrated the end of Ramadan. Talk about overdose of sugar! After coffee and fruit I went for a little walk, then my family put me in a gorgeous caftan and I left to join my Peace Corps group to visit our home families for tea. We drank much tea and ate lots of wonderful pastries for a couple of hours! Then I went to another town with some family members (by private auto) to meet brother Altmane and his wife Fatima. Both are working professionals. They have a lovely home and have internet right there so I showed him this blogsite. It was a brief but very nice visit and I hope to return some day. He speaks some English and his wife speaks it very well. It's a very pretty part of the country, near the mountains, but looks like eastern Montana along the way.


The cyber is very crowded tonight. Lots of people out and about all day, and much visiting back and forth to family and friends house by everyone. Kind of like trick or treating and new year's parties all rolled up into one, but with tea, coffee and goodies. No alcohol, of course. Tomorrow will be a long hard day of classes as well as Thursday morning before we return to Azrou. Hope to be able to post some pictures on my blog at that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home