Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Here I am with my family in Morocco. The woman
on the far left is Zineb, the mother who is 77. The woman in pink is daughter Fatima whose husband took the photo. Naima is next. Although she works and lives in another town, she has been home on holiday my entire visit and is a lot of fun. She is 41 and never married. Fatima's son is next to me, then is Aberrahmane, the father, who is 79. Next is Nezha who is 38 and lives at home. She has a diploma in agriculture. Next is Layla, the daughter Fatima.

We are just getting ready to get the evening meal. During Ramadan the meal is generally the same. Desserts made with lots of honey, hard boiled eggs, bread...a couple of types and generally homemade, and the mainstay...hrira...which is a very good and healthy thick soup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home