Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Have finally managed to post some more pictures. If you have an interest, there are more in the October journaling that match the diary for those particular days.

Had a tea today for the weaving association members we have been working with to learn how to do our marketing, and we put together a brochure for them that they were quite thrilled with! I helped make a german's chocolate cake in the home above our classroom. It turned out surprisingly well, considering the ingredient substitutions, size of pan, oven with no temp gauge, etc. Tomorrow night will be my last here. We are doing tea at 4:00 for host families. It will be a sad night to say goodbye to these dear people who have opened their hearts and home to me. But on to my new site and new host family who will keep me for two months while I acclimate to my permanent location and find a place of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home