Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Here's my Moroccan grandsons. They are the children of the couple that I am staying with for two months in my new town. (I guess I need to rotate the pictures, but will do that some other day when I have more time.) The older boy is Yunnes and he is four. A little tyke, but hell on wheels. He spends a good deal of time at his grandma's nearby, who is also my counterpart. The baby Yussef is 3 months old and very cute and quite responsive to his American "grandma"...but must say that instead of making me feel better by having this little guys around, it makes be more lonesome for my own grandkids! Sure does open my eyes to wanting to spend more time with them when I finish my P. C. duties!

3 Comments:

Blogger snappysixty said...

Your little Moroccan grandsons are adorable. Beautiful children. I can't put my finger on your address so that I can send you a surprise package! Please email it to me once again. Sorry. Pictures are great. Do you have a place yet? susie

4:48 PM  
Blogger carolynjones said...

I am enjoying your blogging immensely! Keep up the good work. I admire your courage. I'm not sure I could do what you are. The pictures are great and make me want to visit. Let us know when visiting seems doable and maybe we can get a group together.

Carolyn Jones

7:18 PM  
Blogger Cinda Lee said...

Mom! I miss you so much. Your blog really is amazing. The things you do, see and experience.... I'm proud of you.
Love you,
Cinda Lee

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home