Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Here are some photos of my kitchen, which shows my sink/counter area (all of my counter), my inferno, which is the stove, and the frran, which is the oven next to it, which both connect to the butane tank under the stove, and my frig, which is on a wood base with wheels, to protect from water from washing the floors. And the picture my grandsons are dying to see, and that is of my toilet.

The house is made of 6" thick concrete, but it is soft, not real hard. All the floors in my house are of concrete (the nicer homes have ceramic tiles on the walls, and the floors.) It is amazing though how the floors in each room are slanted ever so slightly, in order to splash a bucket of water, it runs to one end, which then you use a windshield wiper type of blade on a broomstick to swab it to whereever the nearest drainhole is. Works pretty slick, actually. Considering no good brooms, mops, and certainly, no vacuum cleaners! I'll send pix of my living room when I get it all done up in the next few weeks! I mentioned before I have room to sleep four. That means on mattresses. I can certainly house more people, esp. in warm months, on padding of blankets..(hiking club, take note!)\




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home