Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

OH HAPPY DAY! I got loads of mail at the Post Office today! Christmas cards, pictures, herbal teas, magazines, peanut butter, (Rita, will you marry me?!?!) So for those of you whose postmaster tell you it will take 7-10 days...I just now got some things that were mailed December 12. And, again, if you send packages, please show zero value. A dear friend sent a box of used eyeglasses from the Lions Club, which cost $40 to ship. He showed $100 value, so I had to pay $35 to get the package out of the post office. Which is ok...it's worth it to me to be able to help some poor people be able to see better, but that's the reason to show no value. Today I also received my "settling in allowance" from Peace Corps to help pay for household furniture, etc. so that was timely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! It is a wonderful way to learn about the country. And most important it is great to stay in touch with you as a real person, a dear friend, and a true inspiration!!!

Let me know when the peanutbutter is close to running out and I will send more.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Hello Connie:
I am enjoying your blog. What a great adventure. Your pictures are wonderful-your not in Montana anymore.
I think of you often. Have fun.
-Claudia

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home