Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Oh, lonesome me...

I must say that there are times I ache with loneliness...for my kids and grandkids and other family, and for my friends. I do so appreciate the emails, and snail mail I get! They are like treasures, believe me. I can live with infrequent showers and bad beds and cold nights, but sometimes it's hard to live without people you know and love around you. So, this has been a good lesson in the value of personal relationships!

I'm not constantly overwhelmed with loneliness, but right now it comes to me as I get away from my homestay family (as THAT situation can get oppressive sometimes) and spend a bit of time with other volunteers, and I really realize how much I cherish folks back home. What I mean about homestay being oppressive is that expectations are different, as is language, culture, etc etc and it sometimes gets too much to be with day in and day out.

So readers, thanks for being there, supporting and caring for me! It means a a great deal to me.
Bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home