Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! Spring has sprung here. Practically overnight the weather has moderated. Days are 75-80 (I think) and no need to layer up at all inside the house, day or night. And also some signs of a few household "pets" as well...a fly here, miller there. Hills are green, huge amounts of snow on mountains from the two weeks of rainy weather we had. I think it will be not very long until I'll gripe about how hot it is!

For those of you interested in visiting Morocco, if you want want to be fairly comfy with weather, then best come betweeen Nov. 1 and June 1. That is, if you want to get around ALL of Morocco and stay in some non-touristy places. There are real extremes of temperature, summer and winter, and of course that varies from year to year, as it does everywhere plus it varies widely on what part of the country you visit. But those months would be playing it on the safe side. And after this summer, I will have time to take a day here or there to spend with visitors. So let me know if you are considering coming here. I'd love it!

From "The Alchemist"..."There was a language in the world that everyone understood. It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired. You must always know what you want. When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home