Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Well, it has been a real problem getting on to blogger the past few weeks at the cyber, and finally today I am at another vounteer's house and using her computer and am able to get on. So here are some photos of my place. The first are of my bedroom; my "closet" and "bureau" are on one end, and that window opens up into the salon in front, which is the living room.
Ponjs are used everywhere in Morocco as furniture. They can be made of various materials, some sit on frames where folks have more money to buy frames, or on the floor. Two of mine are foam rubber, one high and one short, and another little one is of stuffing of some sort. Then you buy covers for them, as well as for pillows that serve as back rests. The bookcase/desk is actually an old china cupboard I bought at a used furniture souk in Marrakech but works well. Just hope that sometime soon we can get internet in town. A British man who is an engineer and works for a French NGO moved to my town recently with his wife who is an American doctor. They have two little girls, and he primarily works to help rural people have/get clean drinking water. He is pretty insistent on getting DSL into his house, so hopefully his presence will expedite that event!


But with my floor covering and table lamp on the end table, it's a very comfortable room. I do use the computer to play some card games, am kind of writing a little autobiography deal, and also do some p.c. work on it which i know will expand as my work does, and it's nice to have a printer as well. Again, if you click on the pictures, you can get more detail, and can see my grandson's fine works of art on the salon windows!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home