Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, June 10, 2007



Cooler place…in a little town in a valley not far from my town, but awkward to get to via public transportation. A teacher friend (a Moroccan woman who teaches geography in the jr. high, speaks just a little English) and I went for a Sunday get-away, and here are couple of pictures. One photo shows some washed clothes on the rocks of the river, and in the background are the women under the trees enjoying a tea break. The other shows lots of boys swimming/playing in the river. NO girls enjoying that activity, of course.

Many of the people who go there are from the big city…Marrakech. The water is allegedly special. Numerous people were spreading the mud over their bodies. I think it is supposed to help teenage acne, as well as whatever else you need your skin to be fixed of. I didn’t partake of the available elixir. Am waiting to get the argan oil next week when I go to a PC training session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home