Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Now it's monster ants! They sure grow 'em big here! Killed a few in my house yesterday. When I returned from my week absence from our In-Service Training in Agadir, I opened the door and saw "my" gecko scurry up the stairs to the roof. Hope he keeps hanging around...maybe I'll issue a special invitation to him to eat dinner at my house every day. :)

The training session/week was interesting. MANY power point presentations, of all types of "quality", length, etc. As a former trainer, it's good that my Moroccan lifestyle has been a lesson in patience and tolerance, as I needed to apply those skills on occasion the past week.

For those of you who write/send things...this would be the last week to do so, as I'll be coming back to U. S. for a couple of weeks vacation a month from today. (hurray!) I do get letters sometimes w/in two weeks of mailing, but it's commonly three weeks, especially for packages, or longer.

I'll be posting more pictures on previous posts this weekend. Having a problem downloading from my computer at home to my flash drive and then uploading onto my blog at the cyber. High-tech never was my forte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home