Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

TRICK OR TREAT! Here are my trick or treaters, along with their
parents, who paid me a visit Halloween night. They are the daughters of the Brit/American couple who were instrumental in acquiring needed funding for the heart surgery for the beader lady. Halloween is not observed here, of course, so they were happy to have someone to go see and celebrate the event with. I was alerted to their potential visit, and even provided Snicker bars for mom and dad!

Another treat occurred on Friday. We just had closed out the books for the month, and ended up with about 1000 DHs in sales for the month, which was the same as September, and pretty minimal, but I was still hopeful that with more signage, flyers, and brochures, that sales will increase. Friday afternoon two cars with tourists from France stopped in, and resulted in an additional 1000 DHs in sales. The young women were pretty excited, as were the artisans who made the products which were sold.

The trick part is that the heavy rains continue in an already overly soaked land. Am in Marrakech this evening and will return tomorrow with my new replacement, and I just hope their are no serious mud slide spots on the highway, and no flooded areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home