Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Friday, March 27, 2015

LAST BUILD DAY

Jackie, family daughter, Connie, Gracie(the youngest team member), Ryan, Samantha, Mike Stevensons from Miles City, Ruben the mason, Cathi and her daughter Sara, Horalia the family mother, Jorge the son, and Willun, the mason's helper

We got very dirty today with concrete bucket brigade, more rebar tying, but first we visited our family's current  house,where Horalia gave each of us a little gift,  then she and her children came over to the work site for lots of photos.

Next was the ceremony with the local Habitat affiliate and both families at the other work site.  More thanks and prayers and short speeches, then a treat of tostados and hibiscus tea.  We bought a pinata as it was Ryan's birthday (the young tall guy in the back of the above photo) and a few days past the birthday of Daisy, from the other family.  This photo is of Jeff, the other team's Habitat rep and interpreter, guiding Daisy.

Dee Dee and Dina from Vancouver, BC: Maura, my roommate from San Fran, Karen Stevenson from Miles City, Rick from Seattle...all member of the other team.
Ambrosia and Trudy (74 yrs. old), granddaughter and grandmother from Seattle area.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home