Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

MI ESCUELA

As mentioned earlier, mine is just one of many Spanish language schools in Antigua (and Guatemala).  The schedules are very flexible...many students attend for four hours in the morning and two in the afternoon.  There are various cultural activities in the afternoon, so one can do language in whatever two-hour time frame works for their teacher.  Yesterday we took a little trip to a church's hilltop area where they hold events, and have a couple of small museums.  It was a good view, but quite hazy from volcanic smoke so photos didn't turn out so well.

The exterior of my school.  As with most, very obscure entry.


Making tortillas for a special lunch at the school (Most lunches are eaten with host family, or on our own.) There certainly is a technique that takes practise...guess it comes with the territory of learning Spanish! 


Cooking the tortillas over an open fire

My teacher Rosinda and me.  See what I mean about being tall again?
(Sure will be glad to get my braces off in a couple of months!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home