Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, November 30, 2015

2015 MEMORIES





NOVEMBER.  Daughter Heide and granddaughter Jazzy from California came for a brief visit.  We did a day trip to Heart Mountain near Cody, WY, to see the Japanese Internment Visitor Center.  I think it really helped open their eyes to the discriminatory and cruel methods our government has used in the past.





SEPTEMBER. Went on my four-year delayed trip to DC to see
 former Peace Corps Volunteer friends,  Kareem and Leslie Mansour.  We bonded so in Morocco, and it was wonderful to see them again.  They had be be gone overnight, so I spent a day walking around all the monuments, spending time with "the boys."   (Jefferson, Roosevelt, etc.)  Love those two!



Then on to Boston to spend a couple of nights with Lisa Hull, who picked me up there then on to Wellfleet on the Cape for a wonderful visit.  I met Lisa on my first, brief game reserve trip to South Africa in 2011.








August.  Overnight camping at Woodbine Campground in the Beartooths, near Sioux Charlie hike, with Barb Batts          First, but not last! time to camp there





















With the four oldest grandsons (youngest not wanting in the photo) camping at Fairmont Hot Springs near Anaconda with their families.  Lots of fun in the sun and warm waters!

















Sunset at Canyon Ferry near Helena in July.  Enjoyed lots of short camping trips in my little RV this summer.


































Marci's oldest son, Hayden, and her husband Paul hiking in MT.




J














ULY.  Had a great time at the Montana Folk Festival in Butte. This is the main stage under a former headframe from an old mine.  Claudia Janacek went with me and we camped out in my RV.








Lots of baseball, with grandson Noah Christophers playing for the Miles City team.




Cinda's Nathan and Marci's Keaton

Daughters Marci and Cinda and I at a picnic for cancer survivors.  Cinda just completed recovery from her second bout with cancer.
Cinda's husband Andy and their little one, Kellen at a baseball game.

Always enjoy cribbage, here in my sister June's backyard with friend Wayne, June and Wayne's son Eric, and his son Zach.

Flew to Seattle in May with Terry to visit niece Laurie and watch great nephew Skyler play baseball.




MARCH.  Guatemala,as blogged separately.


JANUARY.  Started off the new year doing a half-marathon in January with daughters Heide in CA (and her husband Jim), Marci from UT, and granddaughter Jasmine who lives in San Diego, near Carlsbad where the beautiful event was held.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home