Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2016-COSTA RICA HFH-GV BUILD


I took a taxi from my SERVAS hostesses house to a very nice Marriott hotel in San Jose, meeting the the team of 12 others plus our local affiliate guide.  We had a good dinner there and an introduction to the build and all the team.  The next day we took a bus to Buenes Aires, where we stayed during the build, and every day traveled about 30 minutes to the build site.  It was hot and humid!  My neck (and hip, a bit)  was hurting quite a bit so I was not able to work very hard as I had hoped.  



The construction manager and his helper

The Team standing in front of where we'll begin to build

Lots and lots of digging!
My roomie Suzanne working on the septic tank hole

Lots of hard work with hand post-hole diggers tomake these corner braces


Walking down to the build site



Trying our hand at helpig with lunch.



It was SO hot.  Trying to get a bit of shade while resting.

Vicente, the home owner and me at the end of a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home