Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I am so thankful for the many blessings I have in my life. My wonderful health, beautiful daughters and their families, all the rest of my family, my great friends, and this awesome opportunity to servem doing my little part to contribute to world peace, sharing my time and talents with these great people, learning their culture, and teaching them ours. Not every day is all ups and without bumps in the road, and emotions run riotous every now and then. The desire for personal, private space is sometimes all consuming, as is the need to eat what and when I want, etc. and especially to see and be with my dear family and friends. But most of the time I do feel that I am where I need to be at this point, and am so eager to learn the language a bit better so I can truly get started with some projects in my little town. I wish all my readers a great day of thankfulness and send you my love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Hi Mom !!!!

Thank you for all your wonderfully, descriptive comments you share with all of us ! I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving and please know that you are in our prayers daily. I love you very much and one of my blessings is having you in my life now and to be able to call you my mom. I cannot wait to give you a big, long hug.

P.S. Ed wants to know if you are sick of mutten yet ? ... = )

Love, hugs and kisses from Ed, Jazzy and me ! Be well and God Bless you !

1:27 PM  
Blogger mara katherine said...

Hi Connie!

I'm not sure if you remember me - we had thanksgiving together a couple years ago and then ran into eachother in the Grand Canyon :-) Laurie forwarded me your blog and i have LOVED reading it. I will be arriving in Morocco March (if all goes as planned - I just never know with the Peace Corps!). Any suggestions as to what I might need there? My parents want to help me prepare with Christmas gifts and I thought you might have some ideas! My email address is mara.hansen@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you and hopefully see you sometime in the next few years! Take care!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Connie Genger said...

hello to you all. really have not had an abundance of mutton. lots of chicken. august and a hug will be here before you know it. XXOOXX
Mom

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home