Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hi friends and family! Yes, I am OK! Have had a lot of problems getting on the blogger at the cyber the past couple of weeks, but today success at a friend's house, so you can now see some pictures as well as a bit of info.

I have two friends that I worked with in the insurance industry who are fighting some pretty serious health issues; I asked your prayers for them: Bill and Cecilia. They are both very special to me and I am much saddened by the challenges they face.

I do a lot of reading, as I don't have a DVD player or TV. I do get International Newsweek gratis as a PC volunteer, and subsribe to several other small monthlies that my sister sends me. One noticeable difference of lifestyles in the homes here in rural Morocco...no one reads! Really. Not adults, nor children. Sad, but true!


Another book recommendation: "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. It's about Afghanistan, during the Russian takeover and subsequent Taliban rule. It's very moving.

Here's the "Alchemist" quote of the day: "He still had some doubts about the decision he had made. But he was able to understand one thing: making a decision is only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, diving into a strong current will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home