Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another grey day in my part of the world! Moisture is great, but sure do miss sunshine! Never could live in Seattle, for sure! Had a wonderful weekend with Judy in Chemia and we went to Safi, which is on the coast. Within two weeks, went from the Algerian border to the Atlantic Ocean. Lots of travel by bus and taxi! Now to travel north to the Mediterranean. Hope to do that sometime this summer.

Am just now getting to the point of determining what my project will be with my women's association. Lack of adequate language skills has made progress in that area very slow, so am enlisting the aid of my tutor to do some interpreting for me and get the ball rolling. My goal is to have a project identified by the first of June. Thing is, I have a vision of what could be done, but not sure if they want to change their lives to have a store where they sell handmade crafts! I think perhaps many of the women and girls really just want to have a husband and a family...so need to determine who wants to do what and when, in order to know whether or not to invest time/energy getting something going. In the meantime, I do enjoy teaching basic computer skills, and a little English.

This slow paced life has really been fairly agreeable to this type A personality, believe it or not. But I do wish the language wasn't so awfully difficult. Spanish would now seem like a breeze, comparatively speaking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home