Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

These are pictures of the trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate.
As you can see, gorgeous and many switchbacks, for miles. Through snow capped mountains, and then over to the desert side. The buses do not have bathrooms, and sometimes the stops along the way are infrequent, so intake of fluids in great quantity is not wise!


The red hanut (name for small stores) displays the often-seen Coca Cola sign, usually both in English and in Arabic. The writing on the hill is seen fairly often, and states, "God, Nation, King" (thank you to the Moroccan reader who corrected my original blog which said it was a verse from the Koran.)


This photo is outside my classroom at the recent spring camp in Figuig where I helped, with Hannah giving some instruction to the campers. Here is a picture of the two camp coordinators. The woman on the left is my friend Judy from WY, who was in charge, and the young blond, Hannah, is a volunteer who lives out in that area, and whose language skills are incredible. Wonderful volunteers and friends.
Here I am in the back of the bus, listening to their singing, and clapping along.
The photo of many of us cleaning, snapping green beans for our "American" supper night during the camp.


The campers have their own version of "jacks" where they just use one smaller rock to pick up other rocks. It isn't easy...I tried!...
And last, a universal method to keep birds out of crops...

1 Comments:

Blogger xoussef said...

actually, what is written in that hill side is the national motto "God, Nation, King"

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home