Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back from camp and getting rested up. Wow, what a great week, followed by another extremely long time on the busses. They do not stop very long at any one town, and since there is no bathroom on the bus, a 9-11 hour ride without intake of much beverage is a bit difficult. The seats are often much like those in an airplane. Pretty tight, but it is so interesting to view the landscapes along the way, and observe people. The trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate is beautiful...part of it is somewhat like Copper Canyon in Mexico. Lots of very winding roads in and out, up and down mountains, except the highway is wider than the road was in Mexico. Coca Cola has done quite a job here on branding. Everywhere you look, their signs appear. Not so with Pepsi, although the product is sold here. Cell phones are in abundance everywhere. TV satellite dishes appear on the oldest of houses...even on those where they women go to the river to wash their clothes.

Oh, you book lovers. Here is another great one. "Animal Dreams" by Barbara Kingsolver. And especially for my friend Linda C., pages 239-241. It's an explanation of why we need to take care of the earth, and done so well by the native American speaker.

Look at my previous blog for some camp pictures. Will post landscape pictures from the bus here at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home