Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

AZROU REVISITED. Made a final trip to my original training site for the Voluneer Advisory Council meeting; we conducted a presentation on "personal responsibility" for the trainees, as well as an informational session on what the Council was, and conducted elections for the new reps to replace the two of us who are leaving soon. It was a lively, fun session. I really have enjoyed being able to serve in this capacity during my service, not only because it has been interesting and challenging to tackle the topics we have dealt with, but to join with some good minds and fun people every quarter.

The next morning I was asked to participate in a Diversity Panel, which objective was to heighten the awareness of the new volunteers on the special challenges peoples of diversity face as a volunteer, and discussed coping strategies for those people, and need for PCV support as well. As well as myself (the oldie) there were a male and female black, a Jewish woman, a married couple, and a gay. Missing was an Asian-American woman, who likely suffer the most harassment of any of the previously named. Again, it was a very worthwhile session. I will post photos taken when I return to Rabat next week.

I am constantly reminded of how very bright these people are, and am glad I had a chance to "hang out" with lots of 20 somethings (and 30/40/50/60 too) for over two years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home