Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Monday, November 10, 2008

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE with the
plowing and planting of wheat.
One morning I observed a
man with a donkey on one
rough edge of a field and a
small Ford tractor plowing
where there weren't so many
rocks. Most of the land in this
area, though is handled by donkey,
and planting is done by hand.





Construction projects nearly completed. The new gendarmarie building across the highway from the neddy is nearly finished, complete with glass windows, as well as a residential building for the staff in the rear. At this time, there is no law enforcement in
town and I always must report my whereabouts when traveling
to the gendarmes in post office
town. The other photos is a
dwelling between my apartment
and the neddy. There is a fence
of sorts made of old twigs, but you
can also see that tree limbs are used
for supports for the construction.
This is typical of most all
building projects.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home