Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

EMOTIONS! Whew, what feelings I'm experiencing. The past: just all the things I have seen and done and relationships developed and am leaving and the culture etc. etc.! The future: a bit of apprehension about culture shock, some dread of going back to the materialistic, fast-paced society I left behind, having people understand or at least accept some of the ways in which I might have changed, and, of course, the financial situation I come back to. To top it off, I now have the only toothache I think I've ever had in my life, and "get" to have a root canal upon return. Believe it or not, with all of this going on, most of the time I am pretty blissful and just feel happy that I came here, and am happy I am going home, knowing that I am in the best of hands. God has and always will look over me and everything will work out fine.

We have a little closing ceremony tomorrow and hope to be able to post a photo of that later. I likely will share some post-service thoughts after I return to America.

Thank you to all my readers over the past 27 months. This has become a nice journal for myself and I hope your life is a bit richer for reading my blog and learning about this amazing country I have been privileged to be a part of.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Connie,

I wanted to thank you so much for your blog. It has provided me with so much insight and education about Morocco, and the Peace Corps in general!!!

I myself am actually beginning a position in the Peace Corps in Morocco in Late February, doing environmental work. I have been reading your blog off and on since Last January, when I found out I would be in Morocco (it is the only North Africa Middle East country with Environmental). So finding your thoughts and experiences have been wonderful. Thank you again. I wish you the best whereever you are heading next!

Ciao!
Eric (ericobryant@hotmail.com)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home