Connie in Morocco and Beyond

These are my travel experiences beginning with my Peace Corps service in Morocco from 2006-2008. At the request of friends and my own desire to document, I continued blogging my journeys to other countries as well as in the U. S., including my service as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer in South Africa for most of 2014. This blog will continue as my travel journal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Billings, Montana, United States

The Big Sky country of Montana is home sweet home!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THE "MARRAKECH FOUR" ON OUR LAST DAY AS VOLUNTEERS. The four of us all lived withing an hour of Kech in two different directions, and often met for lunch or other activities.

The new Country Director on the right, David
Lilly, who served in Morocco as a volunteer
some years ago. Others pictured are PC
Moroccan staff.

Rabat by night,
on Mohammed V,
the main
downtown street.

"Toast" is the nickname we have for a restaurant across from the train station and near our cheapie hotel in Rabat. That is because this breakfast meal is shown on the menu as "toast" and is one of the few places you can actually get bread that is a bit like American and is toasted, with a slice of cheese under the eggs. A great breakfast, missing, of course, any pork product.


The volunteer lounge, located above the medical unit in a building in back of PC HQ in Rabat, where the volunteers can just hang out, use internet (for free)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home